Whether within the music business, to the UK government or to the European Commission, we make sure the music writer’s voice is heard and seek to protect their career, interests and income. So that we may continue to do this, it is important that we can count the best songwriting and composing talent amongst our members.
Whilst we are well known for putting on The Ivors, the British Composer Awards and the Gold Badge Awards every year, there is far more to us than these events. BASCA is the recognised independent professional association representing music writers working in all genres, from songwriting, through media, to contemporary classical and jazz. Our main role is to provide a single voice for the UK composer and songwriter community.
We are entirely self-funding and rely on the continuing support of our members and supporters to carry on our work.
BASCA provides a range of member benefits. These include a legal service, tax helpline, sample contracts, professional development seminars, networking events, regular publications and lots more.
BASCA has three categories of Membership:
- Professional Member: Open to any music writer who is a Full or Associate member of PRS for Music, or has equivalent status with an alternative overseas collection society
- Standard Member: Open to any music writer who is a Provisional member of PRS for Music, or has equivalent status with an alternative overseas collection society
- Student Member: Open to any music writer who is over 18 years of age and currently in full time higher education
BASCA has three categories of Supporters:
- Friend of BASCA: Open to any individual who is not a music writer but would like to support the important work we carry out on behalf of UK composers and songwriters
- Corporate Supporter: Open to any organisation that wishes to support the work of BASCA
- Academic Supporter: Open to any higher education institution with a music department that wishes to support the work of BASCA
Rowena Morgan| Business Development Officer
Rowena is responsible for developing BASCA’s relationship with the professional songwriting and composing community and the wider music industry. Rowena is the first point of contact for those wanting to become a member or a supporter of BASCA